Edible Ladybug Decorations


I wanted to make edible ladybug decorations so the icing would not bleed during the storage process. Black and red can sometimes be hard colors to control. They seem to take on a life of their own and so by using candy beads or nonpareils, you can use one color of icing and reducing the chance of bleeding.

Here’s what you’ll need:
  • Red outline icing
  • 4 mm black beads
Note: How do you know the difference between your icing? Well, it is easy. You cut it with a knife and see how long it takes for the cut to disappear. The number of seconds it takes to disappear will tell you what consistency it is. For outline icing about 30 seconds.



With the red icing, fill in the body of the edible ladybug decoration. Use the smaller circle as a guideline on where to place the head (bead or candy) while the icing is still wet. Let the icing dry completely before adding the dots on the back.


Now as I made the first round of these I though I was being very smart by adding some really tiny nonpareils for the dots on the back but, as I was adding them one at a time with my candy tweezers, I realized it was taking forever and decided to try something different.

 Then, use a paintbrush or a Soft Gel Paste pen for the dots on the back.


I hope you enjoy these edible ladybug decorations and remember, please leave me a comment letting me know what else you would like me to make.


    Source:thebearfootbaker.com

    1 comments:

    1. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. Edible Deco

      ReplyDelete

     

    Link This Blog

    myTaste.com Blog Directory & Business Pages - OnToplist.com globeofblogs Blog Directory & Search engine Blog Directory by Blog Flux